Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3010R2 - H7 Camera rejecting firmware upgrade 1.2.21616

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
de4js
Follower
Follower

I ran into an Issue with a firmware update on one of my H7 camera's (the standard wireless camera that was released with the first edition of Arlo).

One of my camera's keeps rejecting the firmware upgrade. This is a camera that has been offline for some time due to lack of new batteries. The other one is running just fine and was also recently updated (perhaps coming from another version, I'm not sure).

At first after starting the suggested firmware upgrade the camera flashed for a couple of seconds orange and blue (indicating a firmware upgrade is going on) but then all leds turn off and nothing happens until you open the battery lid to reboot the camera. The it comes back online with the firmware upgrade suggestion (and no visual).

Now nothing happens no led indicators come up any more (only during boot the blue ones flash)

I've tried all the suggestions I could find in the Arlo forums to resolve the issue without success,

- Replaced batteries

- Powered down basestation and camera

- Removed the camera from the configuration and reconnected

- Put the camera close to the basestation

- Moved the basestation to another room to exclude potential interference from other devices

- Made sure the camera was not activated

- Waited several hours for the upgrade to complete

I'm pretty much out of options, at the moment the camera is useless. It feels as though the camera has missed some intermediate updates and therefore cant do the upgrade.  I've noticed several people in the forum with similar issues but no clear solution except for hardware replacement.

Anyone have other suggestions how to resolve this issue? I've opened up a case with support as well, I'll provide any updates from this side in this thread. Thanks for assistance in advance, it's appreciated!

Current camera firmware: 1.2.16270

Available camera firmware update: 1.2.21616

Camera hardware: H7

Firmware basestation: 1.10.0.8_22190

Hardware VMB3010r2

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

de4js,

It sounds like you've tried all of the troubleshooting available for this scenario. If you need any further assistance with the support case, please let me know.

JamesC

Mikex11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey -

I had the EXACT same issue as you and tried everything. I had recently purchasaed the camera as a certified refurbished unit, and was able to return it for a refund.

IMHO the user interface design is flawed as it will not give any error codes for the user to look up when these types of issues occur. If there are any they are hidden from us. It's really a shame to allow such a mature item (as it should be by now) into the field for people who can only helplessly remove batteries and unplug power supplies as the troubleshooting tool.

I hope you can return the camera.

galbs78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I have exactly the same problem. Brand new kit, Base Station with 2 cameras. 

Both are working fine, but one of the 2 rejects the firmware upgrade.

Tried countless times and tried all the troubleshooting options listed above. 

Anyone that can help?

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

galbs78,

If none of the troubleshooting above works, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC