Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 not connecting to internet

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
elmoret
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Base Station (VMB3000) disconnected from the internet a little over a week ago and I have tried most everything that I can find in these forums to reconnect to no avail.

There is a thread from May 2018 from Netgear acknowledging an issue but that thread is closed. I have tried the troubleshooting suggestions in other threads and nothing works.

Device: VMB3000

Serial Number: 48914C7VA045B

MAC Number: A42B8C997331

Router: Netgear R6050

Internet Provider: Charter

I have factory reset the base station multiple times.

I have removed the base station and cameras from my profile and attempted to re-install them. The base station cannot be found.

I have opened the recommended ports in my router setup. Doing so prompted me to update my router firmware which I also did.

When I reboot the base station the Power light is Green, the Internet light is Amber, and the Camera light is Amber. However, after a few minutes, the Internet light turns off completely. The other lights remain lit.

FWIW, I also attempted twice to chat with Arlo/Netgear support and the Chat feature does not work for me in Chrome or in Edge.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You won't be able to find the base station til the internet light goes green. It sounds like the connection to the router is bad. Have you tried a different ethernet cable? Have you tried a different ethernet port in the router?

elmoret
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmmm... that's a bummer, because I have tried both different cables and different ports.

It's not a faulty light, as when I reboot the base all of the lights first come on Green.

Perhaps it's a faulty base port? Solutions, if so??

Thank you for the reply.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a hardware problem. Swap at the store or open a case with support. If chat isn't working, use the phone option.