Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 Base Station will not link to computer or phone customer service does not ahswer

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
P25ab07
Follower
Follower

I have spent 3 days on the phone trying to get help with connecting the base station to my computer. I have no resolution .  I have waited on the phone up to two hours, been disconnected up to 8 times, and no one returns my calls.  This is not acceptable customer service.  I have reset the factory setting over 20 times, connected my computer by USB cable directly to the internet source as well as the NetGear/Arlo Router.  The Camera's Sync with no problem however, none of my efforts to sync the base unit have been successful.. I called my internet provider to see if they could be of assistance and they told me I would have to seek assistance from your company.

I would sincerely appreciate some assistance with getting the Base Unit linked to my computer.

No company should be this difficult to contact. 

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Who suggested you connect your computer to the router and/or base station via USB cable?

There is no direct connection between computers and the base station. It's all routed through the internet

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by the cameras sync but the base station won't sync?

The best place for help is through the community support page and failing that, clicking on "contact support" down the bottom of the page and opening a live chat with a netgear agent. I did this just 2 days ago and a support agent got my problem sorted quick smart

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

P25ab07,

The base station must first be connected to your router via ethernet cable. When set up correctly, this will result in a solid green power and internet LED on the base station.

After this is completed, you can then attempt the setup process on your computer via https://arlo.netgear.com (the computer must also be connected to the same network as the base station).

At what point are you experiencing an issue? When attempting to complete New System setup are you seeing an error message?

JamesC