Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 Base Station is Offline - Ethernet ports on router work fine with other devices

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DDCAL
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB3000 Base Station is Offline - All 4 cameras show offline. But they turn red when they detect motion.

Has been working fine since 3 yrs and suddenly after a power outage the cameras went offline. The routers ethernet ports are fine as I have tested by connecting to other devices. However when the router is connected to arlo base station via ethernet port the light on the router turns amber. Seems the LAN port on arlo base station has stopped working. I have resetted the base station once and power cycled as well. Firmware is 1.12.2.9_619_04968d8.  Version is 2.18.1_2. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fastest thing at this point is to reset. You say you pressed the reset button but because all LEDs are green that means you didn't hold it long enough - has to be >10 seconds until the LEDs flash amber. In any event, remove all devices, starting with cameras, from Settings, My Devices. If you wish, also press and hold the reset button as described above. Once the base has rebooted to green power and Internet LEDs, claim the base normally and then sync the cameras. If the base can't be claimed, I would suspect you have found your problem - a faulty base. You can try using the Contact Support link at the bottom here but youi may end up needing to buy a new base, if out of warranty.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The router port turns amber because the connection is 100Mbps - faster simply isn't needed. The same reason exists for the USB ports to be USB2.0 and not faster.

Are you getting recordings? Have you tested that? Since the motion icons turn amber with motion I'll wager this is working fine. That leaves the display as the potential issue. Have you force stopped the app and reopened it?

DDCAL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, Thank you for your response.

I checked the cameras. They flash red when they detect motion, however since the issue occurred 3 days ago, there are no recordings for last 3 days. I logged in from the laptop into -  https://my.arlo.com

to check that as well.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the arlo app on the phone. Still says arl...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would start by rebooting the base and opening and closing battery doors to get to a known working state. Also check your active mode to verify it isn't set to Disarmed somehow.

DDCAL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your inputs.

Rebooting the base is unplugging/replugging Power? I am not sure the other way to reboot the base.

I have reset the base, pressed on/off button on the base, unplugged/replugged power cable from base earlier.

And the opening/closing battery doors - you mean on the base or the cameras? Base doesn't have a battery.

All 3 lights on base are green. The cable that runs from base LAN to Router port, the light on that router port is amber. Do i need to change the port speed on router?

Arloannoyance
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turn your VPN off when you try to reinstall the base station.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rebooting the base is done by removing and replacing power, using the power button or using the Restart selection in the base settings.

The fact that all 3 LEDs are green means the base is connected to the servers and has a camera connected - the system is working. It appears that it's a display issue. As noted above, VPNs can cause issues. I also find that I occasionally have to force close the app or log out and back in to get the display working properly.

DDCAL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You Arloannoyance and jguerdat for your inputs.

For Base Station - I have done the 1) power cycle- Unplugging/Replugging Power cable, 2) pressing on/off button, 3) resetting base station via pressing the reset button by  a pointed object.

All 3 lights are green. Just the light is amber on router port which runs into base station LAN port.

For App (from phone) - 1) I have force stopped/logged out/ logged in. - The error message is - 'Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure its powered on and connected to the internet' on all 4 cameras.

VPN is none. There is no VPN profile on phone. And there is no option to restart the base station from the app.

From Laptop by logging to https://my.arlo.com/#/login, I see the error - 'Your base station is offline, check if it is powered up and connected to the internet'. 

I don't see the option to restart base station. The base station is offline and i have option to remove it.

The Shaw Device/Router+Modem = I logged into it. I cannot find VPN settings option. It shows  that VMB3010 is connected, has IP address and state is Online.

I have not yet removed devices and re-added. I am not sure if I remove the base station and cameras, they are going to get added again. Should I try this step?

Thank you again for your help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fastest thing at this point is to reset. You say you pressed the reset button but because all LEDs are green that means you didn't hold it long enough - has to be >10 seconds until the LEDs flash amber. In any event, remove all devices, starting with cameras, from Settings, My Devices. If you wish, also press and hold the reset button as described above. Once the base has rebooted to green power and Internet LEDs, claim the base normally and then sync the cameras. If the base can't be claimed, I would suspect you have found your problem - a faulty base. You can try using the Contact Support link at the bottom here but youi may end up needing to buy a new base, if out of warranty.

DDCAL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You jguerdate.

I did the reset again. The lights flashed, but the base was still offline.

I then removed the base from app, re-added. Re-added all camera's , synced and it started working.

So i believe removing the base and re-adding worked. Thanks a lot for your time and assistance.