Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB300 webportal will not claim base station

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
aeroxlll
Tutor
Tutor

Just got this set up 3 days ago and all was fine until tonight.

Base station and cams went down on portal and apps.

Followed reset instructions.

Web portal (multiple PC's and browsers) and android app will not claim base station;keeps timing out. [the messaging service is not available please try again later]

Let me know if you require more info to troubleshoot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Over the weekend we experienced an outage that may have affected a small number of users. This was resolved a short time after the outage was discovered and we are investigating the root cause. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Over the weekend we experienced an outage that may have affected a small number of users. This was resolved a short time after the outage was discovered and we are investigating the root cause. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

meggstarr11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I believe that I am experiencing the same issue. I have had these cameras for about a week or so now. I did an app update last night, now everything is offline and I am unable to reset. I have unplugged and restarted the base station. I have tried to do this through the app, but get the error message "We are sorry, the messaging service is currently down. Please try again."

I am about to leave for a month. I need to get this resolved ASAP and hope no issues while I am away. Help is appreciated!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

meggstarr11,

Consider a two-button factory reset of the base station by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the base station along with the sync button until all LEDs flash amber. Allow the base station to come back online with a solid power and internet LED. Once the base station is back online log in to your Arlo account and click "Add Device" and select "Base Station". Follow the on screen prompts from here. Please let me know if you're still having trouble!

JamesC

Panhead57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Panhead57
Aspirant
Aspirant
Trying to reset base station remotely and get message "We are sorry, Messenger Service down"

Cameras on my ranch stopped working 4 days ago and I started receding a message for each camera "Your Arlo Device appears offline".

Is there any way to resolve this remotely?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Panhead57,

If you are not able to reboot the base remotely with the Restart button in the Arlo interface you would need to press the on/off button on the base station. Are you still experiencing issues?

JamesC

Lathlong
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

please help! I have the same problem, can not reset (2 buttons, on/off button, power cord out/in). Please advise further solution.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you mean by "2 buttons" but I'd guess you're trying to do a factory reset.  If so, these days you only use the reset button - leave the sync button alone since it will not allow the base to reset.

mrobertson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys

I just recieved a new VMB3000 base station as my last one was faulty. Ive tried to "claim" the new base station using my existing account and selecting "add device" but even though the system identifies it, it says I cannot claim it and to contact Arlo Support. I have also tried to reset the base station via holding reset button till all the lights go amber and still it says the device cannot be claimed... any ideas what to do next? Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem to not be new.  The issue is that the base shows up in someone else's account so you can't claim it.  Your choices are to swap at the store or open a case with support.  They'll ask for proof of purchase before resetting things for you.

mrobertson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I'll contact support.. they are the ones who sent me the replacement base station

mrobertson
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE... Support asked me to hold the reset button in for 1 minute.. All lights went amber then only 1 light remained in amber.. this seemed to do a full logic reset and the base station was able to be claimed.