Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VBM 4500 can’t connect

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
H20shocked1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo was up and running great. I had one camera that was not recording. I uninstalled then re installed, same problem. I removed all devices to include base. Now Arlo can’t find device base or essential cameras. I was so frustrated with Arlo I quit months ago. Last week I purchased a new base and same thing. After going threw alll the scripted support, reset change device, unplug ext. they tell me the problem is port80/443 being closed. Problem is they have always been closed because Netgear uses both of the for a virtual PC. Any help would be great.

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What Is the error message when trying to onboard the base station? Have you tried to onboard via the web portal and mobile app? 

H20shocked1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve tried Mobil app desk top .com factory reset, bought a new base, the LED is solid blue, no device detected. It on my network, when I go into setting all permissions are good, NoDevice Detected. Same thing with the essential cameras that do not need the base. No Device Detected. Same cable company, same router modem, but this.No Device Detected. Arlo doesn’t have computer techs they have people that read off a list on a Q card and if they can’t figure it out I’ve read on this site it’s port80/443 default answer. $800.00 of worthless equipment.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you made any network changes that you can think of? special characters in the SSID or password can cause an onboarding issue. 

H20shocked1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing changed. I removed cameras and base, then they could not be found.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you connect the essential cameras directly to your wifi? 

H20shocked1
Aspirant
Aspirant

No Arlo devices found

Just installed new modem/router solid blue permission all good same thing can’t find device

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried connecting the camera directly to your router via the app or web portal? 

H20shocked1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing can’t find device

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you reset the camera?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Are you using a VPN? If so, disable it.