Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using schedule to have "Off" periods?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

Now that Geofencing has been broken for 3 weeks I am trying to find a workaround. I wanted to set up Schedules, and am having some difficulty, which I don't understand.

I created a mode I called "Safe", where the camera outside our front door is armed, but all the interior cameras are off. I want to have some times during the day when all cameras are armed, only the front door camera is armed, and when the system is off altogether.

Well, it seems I can't. When I go into schedule the only options are "Armed" or "Safe". I do not have any option to set any time period with "Disarmed".

What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@madkiwi wrote:

Well, it seems I can't. When I go into schedule the only options are "Armed" or "Safe". I do not have any option to set any time period with "Disarmed".

What am I missing?

Any times NOT scheduled are OFF

A few tips for setting up modes;

Any camera NOT in the active Mode is OFF

Only ONE Mode can run at a time

If you need mutli cameras at times you must split up the cameras into groups ( front/back, inside /outside , etc )

If a schedule time goes thru midnight, it must be broken into two parts... up to 1159pm and next day 1200 midnight on

Long answer....

Yes you already have ARMED ( all cams ) and you created SAFE ( front door )... so when you want all the cameras, use ARMED in the schedule and when only the front door is needed use SAFE... all not scheduled times the cameras are disarmed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah, I tried adjusting my schedule, doesn't work. If I adjust the "Armed" period the "Safe" start/stop times automatically adjust to fill. But I figured it out- my old schedules had some overlaps, but deleting all the schedules and starting over I was able to get it how I wanted.

Thanks.