Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unfortunately, Arlo has stopped (app Android)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

Like everyone I am having the issue with Geofencing.  I have had a ticket in with support for about 2 weeks and so far after submitting the ticket I have not received a single reply.  Went to chat to check after over a week and was told it was still pending.  

What the cause for me seems to be is when I am leaving my GeoFencing area I get a message on my phone "Unfortunately, Arlo has stopped"  Then the app will not update my location till I open the app again.  Is anyone still having this crash issue?  It is only when I leave the area.  I have never had the crash when I entered the zone.  

My wife has the same LG V30.  Her phone it seems it take a good hour or so before her phone will update her location after she has entered.  It does not seem to update well at all when she leaves.  

I just want this app back to working how it did a couple months ago.  This is just driving us nuts.  

3 REPLIES 3
veener79
Luminary
Luminary
Noticed the screen shot attachment was about 50 feet short of leaving my zone. It is right about when I change from wifi to 4g. To try something I turned off my wifi. Soon as I did I got the same crash message. I wonder if the issue is not with Geofencing but when you leave a wifi spot.
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

****update****

Contacted support today.  Went over the condishions on how I could repeat the app crash over and over.  How it affected the GeoFencing.  For the first time the support person seemed very posative.  They seemed happy I found a repeatable way to create the issue.  She noted if the enginers needed any more information they might contact me.  

So far with turning off the wifi on my phone the app has been working great.  Just no idea why logging off wifi would cause the app to crash.  Hope this will help with the fix.    

Bah0482
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the same issue still