Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Uncommanded Mode Changes. No matter what mode I set the system, it'll go to disarm on its own.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
alaw168
Tutor
Tutor

No matter what mode I set to arm the system, after a while -- sometimes hours, sometimes just minutes -- the base station would disarm itself. I've tried the built-in "armed" mode, as well as custom modes, and it makes no difference.

Rebooting the base station only help extend the arm period to maybe days, but eventually it will disarm itself.

Since there is no notification when mode changes, I would not realize the system has disarmed itself until I check.

This is very annoying.

I'm using iOS app if it matters, but I also tried arming it from my.arlo.com and it doesn't help the mode to "stick".

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi alaw168,

Are you running on the latest Arlo iOS app? Make sure that you're on the latest firmware on your Base Station and try to hit "restart" by going to Settings > My Devices > Choose your Base Station > Scroll Down and click/tap on Restart.

alaw168
Tutor
Tutor

iOS app version is 2.14 (72), released Mar 21, 2020.

Base station model is VMB3010r2, running firmware 1.12.2.8_556_dd3c705.

As I mentioned in the original post, restarting the base station would only delay the inevitable. Within a day or two (instead of hours or even minutes), it will still disarm itself.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried doing a power cycle on your Base Station to see if that helps? To power cycle your base station, unplug the power adapter from the outlet, wait two minutes, and reconnect the power adapter to the outlet. The base station takes one to two minutes to start. When the power LED and Internet LED light solid green, your base station is connected to the Internet.