Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to play. Please try again.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Owlman
Initiate
Initiate
I have a 4 camera wireless system that has worked fine for months and an Arlo Q that has worked great for a few weeks.

Starting last night, I can no longer stream live video on any of the cameras, always getting an "unable to play" message. Cameras still detect motion and sound when armed, which I can view in the Library, but the resulting recordings are only 2 to 3 seconds long.

I've tried accessing Arlo from multiple iOS devices and from a Windows PC. I've reloaded the Arlo iOS software in all devices. I've rebooted the Arlo Base Station. None of these steps corrected the issues. All Base Station LED's are green.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2-3 second long recordings sounds like a connection problem.  While the base is indicating an Internet connection, that doesn't mean the overall connection to the servers is working properly.  Since this is affecting both the wireless and Q cameras, I'd try rebooting the router.  If that doesn't help, perhaps the router or the ISP connection have problems.  That would imply changing out the router, at least temporarily, and/or getting the ISP to check your connection.