Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
keyboardxbully
Guide
Guide

Using the android app when i try to view live feed it gives me "Unable to play. please try again" i will still get motion alerts and can view the recordings. nothing has changed recently other than an upgrade to android 6.0 

When i log in on a desktop, everything works fine.

any ideas? it just recently started doing this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ashtondav
Aspirant
Aspirant

Solved! I turned off wifi on my ipad. Turned it on again. Logged into Arlo, and now both camers stream live!

Weird!

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I am on IOS but this is a common problem.  Be prepared to attempt live stream several times before connecting.  IMO this is because of crappy over stressed Arlo servers.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

keyboardxbully,

When you are using the app and you get this error, are you on your WiFi connection or are you using 3g/4g? Does it always give you the error message or is it intermittent?

JamesC

keyboardxbully
Guide
Guide
I get the error about 95% of the time, it only seems to happen when I'm on 4g. Usually have no issue when I'm connected via Wi-Fi
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

keyboardxbully,

Consider trying other applications/data usage when you are seeing this issue on your phone. If you don't have the issue when you are on a WiFi connection, it could be that the 4g data connection is poor.

JamesC

keyboardxbully
Guide
Guide

the problems started after the latest App update. i have had the system for  a year or so now, this has never happened. my data reception is not an issue.thanks though....

keyboardxbully
Guide
Guide

update on the situation. i do not know how or why, but for the hell of it i turned on airplane mode on my phone and then turned it back off. everythings been working with no hiccups since. 

John637
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am now encountering this same problem. When away from my house, I can't view the live feed. When I am home, there is no problem. Please fix this issue asap.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the app or a browser?  WiFi or cell service?  Since it's not being reported here I suspect it's something about your setup or device.  If using the app, try reinstalling.

keyboardxbully
Guide
Guide
App on cell. I discovered when I turn on airplane mode and turn it off to reset all wireless signals I can view cameras no problem. I believe it's a phone issue. My wife's Samsung S6 works with no problems. I have the LG V10. Have had my system for close to 2 years without an issue.
John637
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm using an LG G3. I tried the airplane mode suggestion, but that didn't work. I'm sitting at home right now. I tried it with and without Wi-Fi and it worked. When I am not home and really need to view the live feed, it doesn't work. Haven't had this problem before so I'm guessing it is an update issue.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried restarting the phone and reinstalling the app? I don't recall - when away from home, does it fail on both WiFi as well as cell service?

ashtondav
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am away from home. The cameras have worked great for 3 months, until 3 days ago. Now one works fine in live mode. The other just gives "request timed out" on the pc and "unable to play. Please try again" on the ipad.

Help, please!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try to restart the base from Settings, My Devices, your base station.  There's a Restart button at the bottom. Be aware that while this will restart the base sometimes the cameras don't reconnect. While it doesn't seem likely due to the errors you're getting, it's possible the batteries are dead in the problem camera(s).

ashtondav
Aspirant
Aspirant

Solved! I turned off wifi on my ipad. Turned it on again. Logged into Arlo, and now both camers stream live!

Weird!

KH123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have just started to experience the same issue and it all started a few days ago. It has been faultess until now, but now it constantly says unable to play.
KH123
Aspirant
Aspirant
And I have re synch each camera twice.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try any/all of the suggestions above?

Lancegibler
Tutor
Tutor
I am getting this error message all the time
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lancegibler,

This could be a signal strength issue. Do you have multiple cameras that are affected or is it specific cameras? What signal strength is shown on the cameras screen for the affected cameras? You could try swapping locations of the affected camera with an unaffected camera to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

Winstruck
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having the same issue of it not being able to play live when on my Arlo app.  I turned my airplane mode on and off again as keyboardxbully said, and BOOM, now it works perfectly again.  So thanks!

Michaelaltman
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought the system, have two cameras no more than 25 feet from the base and now the live feed on both don't work. The positioning feature works but not live feed. Before I return this terrible product can someone recommend a possible fix?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try power cycling the base.
Olynhill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo he Cameras are buffering or unable to play. I have about pulled my hair out. Please someone help me!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Olynhill,

Excessive buffering or error messages when attempting to live stream are generally WiFi related issues. What is the signal strength on the affected cameras? Nearby wireless devices or hard to penetrate objects (thick walls etc) can result in the symptoms you are describing. Consider relocating your cameras to further isolate the issue.

JamesC