Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to login through web portal. Keeps spinning. Also tried on incognito mode. Works fine on app.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jennifera
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

My problem is that I can login from my iPhone but not via the web portal. I have tried browsers like Safari and Chrome. Both in default mode but also in incognito mode with the same result. I just get a spinner and no error messages.

But when I login through the mobile app, then it is no problems.

I have tried another account that belongs to the family and that works to login into the web portal, so it seams that it is something weird with my account.

I have tried to reset password, change password, clear cache, incognito mode, several browsers, several devices without any success.

The main problem is that if I cannot login through the portal I cannot accept an invitation that I have got to access and control our system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jennifera
Aspirant
Aspirant
After that I enabled 2-factor authentication everything works. Due to the fact that I could login (without MFA) to the app, I could enable MFA and then it worked to login into the web portal. 👍🏻

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

@jennifera wrote:

Hi,

My problem is that I can login from my iPhone but not via the web portal. I have tried browsers like Safari and Chrome. Both in default mode but also in incognito mode with the same result. I just get a spinner and no error messages.

But when I login through the mobile app, then it is no problems.

I have tried another account that belongs to the family and that works to login into the web portal, so it seams that it is something weird with my account.

Have tried other browser like Edge and Firefox to eliminate a browser issue or your account. I use Edge and never had a problem. 

jennifera
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried Chrome, Safari and Firefox on both MacOS, iOS and Windows with the same result. When I press Login I just get a spinner and nothing more happened.

It would be awesome if there is any self service function where you can do a complete deletion of your account so I can start over again or do a “factory reset” of the account. Anyone that knows if that is possible?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jennifera wrote:
I have tried Chrome, Safari and Firefox on both MacOS, iOS and Windows with the same result. When I press Login I just get a spinner and nothing more happened.

If I am understanding you correctly, you can log in on the primary account in the web ui, but not the "friend" account.  Is that correct?

Are you getting the spinner before you enter the credentials, or after?

Do you have 2-factor authentication enabled for the friend account?

jennifera
Aspirant
Aspirant
That is correct. My husband has the main account and I am trying to setup my friend account toward our system at home.
My husband has invited me to the system but when I press the link in the mail I get to the login page to the Web Portal. When I enter the credentials, that works in the app, I get a spinner and nothing happens. The problem occurred before MFA was mandatory.
jennifera
Aspirant
Aspirant
After that I enabled 2-factor authentication everything works. Due to the fact that I could login (without MFA) to the app, I could enable MFA and then it worked to login into the web portal. 👍🏻