Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to detect any arlo device

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KimberlyJoy
Tutor
Tutor

I just purchased the ARLO 3 wire free HD Security camera kit. Model No. VMS3330W. Followed instructions on setting up the base, syncing a camera and downloading app. When trying to add device, it tells me my base station could not be discovered. HELP!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KimberlyJoy
Tutor
Tutor

GREAT NEWS!!  My system is working. Thank you, all of you, for your assistance. Reseting the base and starting over fixed the issue. I'm thinking I plugged in before plugging into the app. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Make sure that your device on which the app is installed is on the same network as the base. ie. if the base is plugged into your home router then make sure that your app device is also on the same wifi network and not using cellular data.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Alos, make sure you claim the base before syncing the cameras/

KimberlyJoy
Tutor
Tutor

Both my phone and my laptop that I am using are utalizing my home wifi network. Still not working.

KimberlyJoy
Tutor
Tutor

I only have one camera synced to the base station. Should I do a factury reset and start over?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Do you have both green lights illuminated on the base?

Have you followed these instructions:-

https://kb.arlo.com/1179139/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-or-Arlo-Pro-base-station-to-the-Internet

If so, then yes, reset the base 

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

KimberlyJoy
Tutor
Tutor

GREAT NEWS!!  My system is working. Thank you, all of you, for your assistance. Reseting the base and starting over fixed the issue. I'm thinking I plugged in before plugging into the app. Thanks again!