Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to connect to device from App

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
andrew98
Follower
Follower

Hi,

Just bought a Netgear Arlo system but I can't connect to the device from the App. Here is some facts:

* Both Power and Internet LED is green.

* Base station connected to Router, Have checked other devices to make sure cable and router is working it is.

* DHCP setting is turned on in Router.

* Tried to reset base station by holding down reset and sync button 10 seconds all LEDs flashed so it did reset.

* Updated latest firmware on router and tried everything again.

* Router is an Asus RT-n66u

I really out of ideas can anyone please help or I have to return the system.

Best regards

Andrew

31 REPLIES 31
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A trouble ticket would be the fastest way to a resolution, whether it's just a kick in the pants for the system or a replacement unit.

Riyad459
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing yet unfortunately.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're referring to waiting for a response to a trouble ticket, a phone call may be faster.  

Riyad459
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was checking the settings in my Router and found the following for the internet connection type  :

PPPoE (ADSL)

Would that be the problem ?

Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be but you also have to consider whether that's needed for your ISP connection.

burakuysaler
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same issue, tried everything. Then by going into http://arlo.com/login and setting up via Windows Internet Explorer I could manage to setup my system instantly. Then just logged in from my phone and everything is fine then. I hope that helps ...

mof
Aspirant
Aspirant

PimSmit wrote:

hi Joe,

did you reset the base station?

do this first.

then connect the base station to the internet router where the pc or laptop is also connected.

follow the installation instructions and make a new account or use your existing one

then open the app on your phone and login to your account

you can also login on your basestation with your pc/laptop on arlo.netgear.com

try again!