Unable to connect camera no matter what I do

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Shazza2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am at my wits end and about to chuck Arlo in the bin after spending thousands of dollars - can anyone help?

Four essential outdoor cameras were set up in 2021.  Worked great for 6 months.  One stopped working - sent it back. Noel Lemming checked, faulty, Arlo replaced.  New camera could not be found in setup. Contacted Arlo and returned to Noel Lemming.  No, they could not connect to my Hauwei phone either - suggested it could be Hauwei settings due to privacy etc.  I bought new Samsung phone.

Still could not connect.  Hours on phone to Arlo.  Was told download/upload speed insufficient.  Upgraded to Starlink which is best (and almost only) connection I can get in my rural location.  Still no connection.  I have rung computer tech support and security system installers - no one will help.  Have spent hours trying - ensuring 2.4gz, inrange, re-installed Arlo app, charged cameras, ensured privacy settings on phone allow nearby devices, pulled out hair, and danced on one leg.  Nothing worked.  (I thought it may have been Starlink modem but cousin has hers working through same modem no problems.)  Any ideas?   Or do I throw Arlo away - write off the $$ spent,  and get another system?

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried installing on a PC (my.arlo.com)?

Shazza2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good idea.  Tried that, still no connection (unable to find device) so obviously not a phone issue.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to clarify - 3 of the cameras are working ok,  but one will not install?

Shazza2
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, none of the four will connect.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shazza2 wrote:

No, none of the four will connect.

I'm wondering if it is worth comparing your starlink setup with your cousin's.

A couple of ideas:

• try installing from a PC (my.arlo.com) instead of the phone
  • try the factory reset procedure  (holding down the sync button until the LED flashes amber).
Shazza2
Aspirant
Aspirant

So tried that - again.  But this time watched the light on camera the whole time.

reset camera.

After it has chimed and I push the continue button on my  screen, the light on the camera started blinking amber.  I immediately repushed the button so it flashed blue - but still no connection.

Tried it several times with different cameras - sometimes longer blue flash before amber.

And device not found.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have a VPN enabled on the phone or PC, then turn it off during the install.

Also, make sure the starlink wifi is set to WPA2 (AES).