Unable to Setup Base Station with AT&T Uverse

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jbaweja
Initiate
Initiate

I have attached my basestation with an ethernet cord to the Uverse router.  The base station powers on, but the internet connection light remains amber.  I have done a factory reset with the same results.  Is there a trick to getting this thing to connect to the internet?  

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jbaweja wrote:

I have attached my basestation with an ethernet cord to the Uverse router.  The base station powers on, but the internet connection light remains amber.  I have done a factory reset with the same results.  Is there a trick to getting this thing to connect to the internet?  

First, check the cable... then make sure ports 80 and 443 are open ( usu are ), make sure bitdefender not running

After all that, if possible check on another router

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

BitDefender won't affect the inital base to server connection for the Internet LED to go green - that only affects using the computer browser to do anything with the Arlo website.

I agree that it's likely to be the router.  Is it owned by you or the ISP?  We've seen various issues with ISP-owned devices being configured in a way to block access.  Dunno what so you'd have to call your ISP.  If they do something, note that ports 80, 443 and 123 are all open to netgear.com - 3 ports, not just two.