Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

UNABLE TO DISCOVER BASE STATION (NG Model VMB3000) AFTER GREEN LED

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
oleschule12
Follower
Follower

Having trouble with the discovery of my newly installed Arlo Base Station (NG Model VMB3000).

First, I needed to purchase a network switch to expand the 2-port ethernet router supplied by our internet provider. The 5-port switch allowed me to include the ethernet connection from the Arlo Base Station. The router, switch, and base station all have green LED lights. 

I've downloaded the Arlo app on my mobile phone. Prior to the base station connection, I followed the instructions, which said to first connect the base ethernet cable before plugging in the base station power cord.  After getting the green light, I click "continue" in the app for it to find "any available Arlo devices..."   After several minutes, the message "No Arlo devices found." "Make sure your device is powered on correctly to the network." I've repeated this process, paying attention to the steps on correctly connecting to my network. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@oleschule12 wrote:

Having trouble with the discovery of my newly installed Arlo Base Station (NG Model VMB3000).

First, I needed to purchase a network switch to expand the 2-port ethernet router supplied by our internet provider. The 5-port switch allowed me to include the ethernet connection from the Arlo Base Station. The router, switch, and base station all have green LED lights. 

I've downloaded the Arlo app on my mobile phone. Prior to the base station connection, I followed the instructions, which said to first connect the base ethernet cable before plugging in the base station power cord.  After getting the green light, I click "continue" in the app for it to find "any available Arlo devices..."   After several minutes, the message "No Arlo devices found." "Make sure your device is powered on correctly to the network." I've repeated this process, paying attention to the steps on correctly connecting to my network. Any suggestions?

Try onboarding using a PC (browser to my.arlo.com).

Maybe also check that the phone is connected to your home wifi.

Another thing you could try is doing a factory reset of the base (using the paper-clip reset slot).