Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

UI changes with user login

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Waitz
Guide
Guide

I am not able to give access to my cameras to any other user. I have followed all instructions and possible tips from the community, and at the moment it looks like it is due to different UIs:

My iPhone (IOS 16.3.1) has app version 4.2 (5730), and since I have a Pro 5 camera, the UI is new, e.g. using "feed" instead of "library".

When I install the same app version on a friend's iPhone, the UI is old.

If I log in with my credentials on her phone the UI changes to the new. But when I log in with her credentials again, the UI reverts back to the old and no cameras. 

How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you following the process that clicking on the invitation's embedded link provides? If so, a new user that never had an account should automatically get the new UI so it sounds like she has had a previous account. Regardless, you can force her account to the new UI by choosing to install a Pro5 or security system in her login. You don't have to have either, you're just causing the migration to occur. After the account migrates as a first step, simply cancle/back out of the fictitious install.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you following the process that clicking on the invitation's embedded link provides? If so, a new user that never had an account should automatically get the new UI so it sounds like she has had a previous account. Regardless, you can force her account to the new UI by choosing to install a Pro5 or security system in her login. You don't have to have either, you're just causing the migration to occur. After the account migrates as a first step, simply cancle/back out of the fictitious install.

Waitz
Guide
Guide

Great, that was it. Thank you