Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two stage verification: sms (text) not received by Android phone, but email backup message is

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
lighthorse521
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried two stage verification last October, when news accounts of camera hijacking were being reported. After enabling it in my profile, an SMS message was supposed to be sent to my Samsung S7 phone.

I could get the backup email on my phone, but not the text message.

Eventually, I gave up.

Today, I received an email from Arlo about this, so I tried it again.

Same result.

What am I missing?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lighthorse521
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't really understand what I did, or how I got here, but I think I can live with the result.

I deleted the Arlo app on my phone, then reloaded the latest version. The new version permitted me to identify the phone as a TRUSTED DEVICE, something that didn't appear before. When I did that, I could identify that phone as the primary.

Now, when I sign in via my PC, I get a notification that a PUSH was sent to my phone, asking me to APPROVE myself.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your not alone, same issue with text, only email worked for me

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi lighthorse521 and TomMac,

Make sure when you're on the Two-Step Verification page to tap on "Add Another Method" and tap on "Add SMS Verification" and add your phone number to add as another method to receive SMS message.

Once you added your phone number, you should be able to log in and tap on "Try Another Verification Method" and choose your phone number to receive SMS text. You can read more about it here: How do I edit two-step verification settings?

lighthorse521
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't really understand what I did, or how I got here, but I think I can live with the result.

I deleted the Arlo app on my phone, then reloaded the latest version. The new version permitted me to identify the phone as a TRUSTED DEVICE, something that didn't appear before. When I did that, I could identify that phone as the primary.

Now, when I sign in via my PC, I get a notification that a PUSH was sent to my phone, asking me to APPROVE myself.

trose348
Star
Star

I attempted the 2 step verification.  I have an Iphone.........when I had indication of movement, I tried to log into Arlo from the phone................it gave the required numbers to my text...................I could not retrieve those numbers without Arlo completely signing off (because I didn't put those #s in) & then sending me another set of #s to input.  there was NO WAY I could input the #s.

Has anyone else had this issue w/ sms?  I don't think it'd work w/ my email either because I would have to go to the email (like I did with the text) which means leaving the Arlo sign in to get the #s only to have Arlo have to send another set of #s, it's like chasing my tail w/ the 2 step!  DOES NOT WORK.