Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two outdoor Arlo cameras and One Arlo Q- None are working for the past two days.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
briwil
Tutor
Tutor

For the past two days, our Arlo Q cam in my daughters bedroom and the two wireless cameras outside haven't been working. When I click "LIVE" on the wireless cams I get "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server", and when I do the same to the Q i get "The camera failed to connect, please try again." I've tried on my Android phone, my wife's iPhone, and right now I've been trying on my computer here at work.

At first I assumed that maybe our internet was down, but not the case. I've restarted the base station (though the Q doesn't need it so most likely not the issue).

I still, on occasion, get notification about 'Motion Detected at Front Door', but no live feed, and no recording.

Also, the snapshot that is shown for each camera is saying crazy things, like "Updated 92d ago", which is, of course, not true, I didn't even own the cameras 92 days ago. The snapshot is from like 2 days ago.

This isn't us, right? At this point, its not our cameras or our internet connection, there is something wrong with NetGear's servers, correct?

3 REPLIES 3
briwil
Tutor
Tutor

Anyone?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

briwil,

What is the LED behavior on your Arlo Q and the Arlo base station? Has anything changed on your network that could be affecting the Arlo Q/Base stations communication with the Arlo servers (new hardware, Blocked ports, ISP firmware upgrades etc.)?

Are you still experiencing this issue?

JamesC

briwil
Tutor
Tutor

No, a day after I posted this everything started working perfect again. Nothing changed on my end, my interenet was always up and running, nothing physically moved- so I'm absolutely convinced it was an issue on NetGear's part, and I'm pretty annoyed that they still haven't owned up to a server issue or whatnot.

Up until this incident, I was highly recommending Arlo to friends, but now I'm not so sure, knowing that it may stop working at any moment.