Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two cameras suddenly not communicating

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Budk
Guide
Guide

I have about a dozen cameras around the outside of my home and two hubs. About two weeks ago, I lost the video from two cameras, both on the same hub. I dismounted the cameras, installed fresh batteries, held them next to their hub,  and re-paired them with the hub. Both gave me the correct rapidly flashing blue light, but there still was no video on the app. I then uninstalled both cameras and went theough the same process but got the same result. This is a great system when it works, but two dead cameras (or a bRosen hub) after only a year is not acceptable. What's going on and how do I fix it? And by the way, the other cameras on this hub are working properly. 

7 REPLIES 7
Jtoaster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Bud,
Just wondering do they both say offline try again??? I've had my system for about eight months and like you I've loved it. But in recent weeks I've had a few issues and now they haven't worked for four days. I synched, uninstalled, reset, put new batteries in to no avail. I think the cameras are fine they still come on when I sync them. Unfortunately the support is terrible. I sent an email days ago with no response other than a generic auto reply. Let me know if you figure out what happened I'm interested to find out.
Budk
Guide
Guide

Re the two cameras, the video windows on the app are dark and the "devices" info simply says "offline". A few minutes ago I enabled a spare camera connected to the same hub and it worked right away. That means the problem is with the two dead cameras. 

I had a camera die after just a few months and I had a horrible time with Arlo tech support. The guy gave me increasingly more complicated tests to run, all of which pointed to a dead camera.  But after each test he would come back with another set of tests and ask the same stupid questions like had I changed the batteries. Either the guy was a moron or he was just trying to wear me down so I'd go away. Finally I wrote a firm and somewhat nasty email saying that I wasn't their troubleshooting department, that the device was clearly defective, and that any respectable company that cared about customers would have replaced the unit after the first contact. A New guy responded with an apology and an rma to exchange the unit. I fear I may end up on the same path. 

And im more worried that these very expensive cameras may not be at all reliable. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Bud..

Just in case you want to try;

Take one of the BAD cameras, open and close the battery door

Go to SETTINGS and under that camera, REMOVE DEVICE

Bring that camera back as if new ( resync )

Hope it helps.

PS... and know it can be a pain, but warranty is a year for the equipment

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Budk
Guide
Guide

Thanks for helping. Unfortunately I did try that, with both cameras, but it didn't help. What happened was puzzling, though - the cameras paired normally with the rapidly flashing blue light, but they never appeared in the app. Hmm makes me wonder if the app is messed up. 

Thanks anyway. 

Jtoaster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Bud,
I'm having the same issue with mine. Re sync the cameras and both sync fine. Won't show the live feed but when I click on "Live" the camera activates and you can here the camera come on. I think it is either an app problem or the base station.
JB455
Guide
Guide

I ran into this with a faulty base station. Worked great for months and then kept going offline. Their tech support tries to wear you down, finally they sent a replacement base station and it is working great for almost a year now. Wish they didn't try to wear you down when the problem is obvious, thank goodness I was still under warranty.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're having an issue with cameras appearing offline, this could be due to the cameras not receiving the most recent camera firmware update. For troubleshooting information on this topic, please take a look at this article: My Arlo camera is offline since the release of the recent firmware update; what do I do?

If you continue to have issues, consider contacting the Arlo Support Team for further assistance. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC