Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Turn an Arlo Camera On and Off

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BadBoy247
Guide
Guide

I have turned cameras off before, due to windy conditions making frequent recordings, and turned back on again with no problem.

I have read all the previous questions and answers on this topic. I have read page 49 of the manual.

But on computer, on Samsung phone and iPad, the option to turn the camera back ON simply is not there.

So I guess, when they are off for too long, it is necessary to sync them again; not mentioned in the manual.

However, seems it will be the only solution. Only posting this so anyone can find information in the future.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the issue of the On/Off switch not being there is what you're seeing, that's different from nothing being available. The former is one issue, the latter is another. Have you used fresh batteries? Maybe a screenshot of the camera settings would be useful.

BadBoy247
Guide
Guide

Sure, no problem, exactly, the On / Off switch is no longer there, as I said. Fresh batteries, sure, but that means to sync again, so of course will make the issue go away.

Anyway, here is what I see from computer, as the Manual says, go to Devices -> Settings

Tap the the Camera On / Off

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your screensot shows that the camera is offline, hence no On/Off switch. If the batteries are good, then there are a couple of things to try. Start with rebooting the base. Then briefly press the base sync button (don't hold it for 2 seconds) and then press the camera sync button. If that doesn't work, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync as above.

If still having an issue, open and close the battery door and report what the camera LED shows as a result.

BadBoy247
Guide
Guide

I sync the other camera, here is what I see now. As I stated in the original post, this is information for people with the same situation in the future. I can only assume the camera is OFF for too long or lost connection, so ther is no option to turn ON, only way is to re-sync. Thanks for the help.

2019-06-06_10-24-39.jpg
BadBoy247
Guide
Guide

No, sorry, no need for all that, simply re-sync the camera, all the batteries are great and not part of the problem.

In fact, I'm not even saying there is a problem, only that the manual is lacking and I'm simply sharing INFORMATION.