Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to add 4 more cameras and another base and I cannot get it working due to "valid VAT number."

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
JimmySF
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already have 5 cameras and a base and it is working fine.  

Trying to add 4 more cameras and another base and I cannot get them running.

I see that they are on my App but I cannot use them becasue I have the Basic Plan.  

Everytime I try to pay for the upgraded plan to manage all 9 cameras I get this message...

"We do not recognize the VAT number entered. Please enter a valid VAT number."

I've entered my credit card and payment info about 10 times.  I tried on my phone and on my computer. 

There is no customer service line to call.  I am trying to  make this work but am about to give up!

Please help!

Thanks everyone=)

Jimmy

12 REPLIES 12
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Jimmy,

A work around for now would be to use a different email address to register the second base/camera outfit.

Then use the Grant Access feature to link the two email addresses giving you access to all the camera in the same app.

Arlo allow you free storage for up to 5 cameras per account (email address).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

JimmySF wrote:

There is no customer service line to call.  I am trying to  make this work but am about to give up!

Sure there is - use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JimmySF,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

JimmySF
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still not working. I'm about to give up on adding 4 more cameras and a new base station.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did you contact​ support?
JimmySF
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
And what was their response?
JimmySF
Aspirant
Aspirant
There was none. They are very unresponsive. That's why I'm asking this community.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Jimmy, sorry to hear that you are getting the run around.

Have you tried my earlier suggestion to register the second base using a different email address?

Then grant access between the two and you will have all cameras visible under one or the other account.

It's a workaround for now but will get you up and running.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JimmySF,

If possible, set up a second account (using a different email address) and try purchasing a subscription on the second account. Do you still get the same error?

If you do not, you can then remove the original system from the first account and add both bases and all cameras to the new account.

JamesC

Irish2
Tutor
Tutor
Has the vat question been solved - I have the same issue trying to upgrade
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Irish2,

This error often will be displayed if there is a problem with the information entered (CC number, address, name etc.)

Please make sure all information entered is correct and identical to what is displayed on your billing statement.

JamesC