Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Time to view recordings is too long

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Camera1961
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Arlo

The time takes too long when something is happening. It takes about 20-40 seconds when I see it on my phone/tablet.

What can I do to improve this?

Kind regards

Donald.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Camera1961,

The time it takes for a recording to appear in your library can vary depending on how long your recording length is set to. For more information on changing recording length, see here: How do I adjust the video recording length?

JamesC

Camera1961
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear James

It made no difference when I changed the recording length.

Are there perhaps other solutions with using the cable? I also saw that there were USB portals in the Netgear box...

Or do you have any advice on better/other devices? Can I buy something else that works better?

Kind regards

Donald

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First is the recording time.  Also, there's the time needed to upload the video and make it available in the library.  You can use the notifications to help determine the total amount of time needed since the push notifications happen almost immediately while the email ones happen after the video is in the library.  You can't see the video until it has completely uploaded.  The best you could do would be to use push notifications and then use live view to interrupt the recording.

There's no Arlo camera that work differently due to the cloud-based design.  The USB part also wouldn't be useful since it still has to finish recording and then the device would have to be unmounted and moved to a computer for viewing (it's not a NAS).  Also, only the Pro base has this option - the original base has ports but are currently unused.