Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The motion detection videos in my Arlo App library are continually buffering

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LindaJ1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lately whenever I look for the motion detection videos in the Arlo App library on my phone, they are continually buffering and I can't view them?  I have been turning my phone off and on, and Force Stopping the App and none of this has stopped them from buffering.  I've also logged out of the app and back in.  Does anyone know a fix for this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LindaJ1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally fixed the buffering issue.  I powered off my phone and waited about 30 seconds or so before powering it back on, and that fixed the issue.  I had previously restarted my phone twice and this didn't fix the issue, so a power off and wait at least 30 seconds before powering back on works.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try both WiFi as well as cell service-only. WHich works better? Have you tried a computer browser pointed to my.arlo.com?

LindaJ1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have WIFI & cell/mobile data turned on and when I am at home in WIFI range and turn off WIFI on my phone, I get the buffering, even though I have mobile data turned on.  If I am away from WIFI I get the buffering because I'm not in WIFI range, and when I turn off WIFI for some reason, it's not using my cell/mobile data.  I've only recently had this issue?

LindaJ1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can view all the cameras remotely, but not the motion detection footage unless I'm in WIFI range.  I may have to ditch the ARLO cameras and buy a different brand, as not being able to see the camera footage when I'm away from home defeats the purpose of having them.  I have other cameras that I have no issue with.

LindaJ1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally fixed the buffering issue.  I powered off my phone and waited about 30 seconds or so before powering it back on, and that fixed the issue.  I had previously restarted my phone twice and this didn't fix the issue, so a power off and wait at least 30 seconds before powering back on works.