Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

The latest ARLO app is a disaster! I have 11 cameras, and only one of them records videos anymore.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
DannyVS
Initiate
Initiate

I have 11 ARLO cameras, and as soon as I installed it, only one records videos anymore! The others show up in my “devices”, but all I can do is view them. I have the latest app, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and no change! I have a lot of money invested in my system, but now it’s basically useless. I’ll be selling it soon! What a ripoff! 

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyVS wrote:

I have 11 ARLO cameras, and as soon as I installed it, only one records videos anymore! The others show up in my “devices”, but all I can do is view them. I have the latest app, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and no change! 

What is the model of the camera that works?

Are the other cameras different models?

Are you using local storage, or do you have a subscription plan?

If you do have a subscription, have you checked to see that the 10 problem cameras are still in the plan?

DannyVS
Initiate
Initiate

I have Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Pro 3 and Essentials. All worked fine until I installed your update. Now I can only record on one, and just live view on the others.  I don’t have a paid subscription and don’t want one. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyVS wrote:

All worked fine until I installed your update.

NOT my update.  This is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.

@DannyVS wrote:

Now I can only record on one, and just live view on the others.  I don’t have a paid subscription and don’t want one. 

The local recordings don't show up in "Feed".  Have you 

1. gone to the devices page
  2. selected the smarthub
  3. selected storage settings?

That is where the recordings are accessed using the "Feed" interface.

02Scott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Totally agree..I'm looking elsewhere 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @02Scott 

Can you provide more detail regarding the symptoms you are experiencing?