Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The base station won't synch.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
salvatore2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can see the green lights but it's not able to detect my device.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

salvatore2,

When you click on the camera to see through it (live streaming) the motion detection is disabled for that camera while you are performing the live stream. You can enable recording of what you are viewing on the live stream by clicking the green circle icon (one icon to the right of the pause button). After you finish the live stream your camera will return to whatever the active mode is (back to all motion on with a green running man icon if that's what it was before). So in short, a grey running man during a live stream does not mean there is no movement, it just means the motion detection is disabled until you end the live stream.

I hope this helps!

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
salvatore2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Modelo de Router
Fabricante:Comtrend
Modelo:Comtrend 5813
Firmware:P401-402TLF-C04_R09. Firmware válido
Router:Conectado
Estado:OPERATIVO
Última configuración:Válida
  • Número de serie de la estación base
  • Nombre de usuario (dirección de correo electrónico utilizada en el proceso de registro de su cuenta de Arlo)
  • Nombre de su proveedor de acceso a Internet (ISP)
  • Tipo de conexión a Internet (DSL, por cable, etc.) y velocidad (Arlo requiere un mínimo de subida de 1 Mbps)
  • Modelo de router de Internet
  • Otros dispositivos conectados directamente al router
  • Última hora y lugar en los que la estación base se conectó correctamente a Internet
salvatore2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I manage to make it work!

I can define my camara and set up all the settings.

I have it one day working but a couple of times I did try I found out that I have to restart my base station because it was offline.

I don't undestand the reason why it said it was not off... It is anoying if I need to restart it because it means that won't detect if there is motion.

Any idea why it´s happening?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

salvatore2,

Welcome to the community! I am glad to hear you were able to get the system working. In order to isolate the cause of the "base station offline" error you are receiving do you happen to notice if when you see this error your base is still showing a green internet LED indicating that it is online? If the base is indicating a green LED but you are still getting an error saying it is offline, it could be a browser related issue. Make sure you are running the latest version of the browser you are using (Chrome, IE, Firefox etc.) as well as the latest version of Adobe Flash player. Some users have also experienced similar issues when anti-virus software is enabled.

Another way to isolate if the issue is browser related is to try logging in on a different device, such as another computer on a different browser, or a phone/tablet using the Arlo app.

Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

salvatore2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James,

That was very helpfull, seams that in stead that restart the base station, only loggin out an logging in again shows me that the system it was working.

One question: when I check the camara I can see three icons in the top right frame of the camera,1.camara batteries status 2. wireless reception signal and 3.Motion detection icon.

This last one sometimes is in green and some others in grey in stead of green even the settings are in a timeframe when should be on as I did program. Is this grey colour indicating that the motion detection mode is off?

Thanks in advance!

Salvador

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the gray indicates not detecting/recording.  Check your modes under Settings, Modes and edit each one to verify that the cameras you want are actually selected (green mark). Also, check your schedule and remeber that only one mode at a time is able to be used.  If that's not what you need, go back to Rules and Modes under Settings and reconfigure to your satisfaction.

salvatore2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything seams on and ok in the setting (mode and rules) it suposed to be ready if there is any movement start recording... even the icon of motion capture it´s green when its checking status of the camara when initially I log in... but then when I click on the camara to see throught it, sometimes the icon turns grey... I'm not sure if is telling me that there is no movement or is telling me that has changed the status to detection mode off?

I will do some test during the following days.

Any light you can bring in this questions it will be much appreciated,

Thanks again James!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

salvatore2,

When you click on the camera to see through it (live streaming) the motion detection is disabled for that camera while you are performing the live stream. You can enable recording of what you are viewing on the live stream by clicking the green circle icon (one icon to the right of the pause button). After you finish the live stream your camera will return to whatever the active mode is (back to all motion on with a green running man icon if that's what it was before). So in short, a grey running man during a live stream does not mean there is no movement, it just means the motion detection is disabled until you end the live stream.

I hope this helps!

JamesC

salvatore2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James!

Everything is up and runnig well!

Salvador

Skipmas
Aspirant
Aspirant
No help, I can get through the set up
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skipmas,

Welcome to the community! Could you give us a bit more information about the issue. Here are a few things that would help us troubleshoot:

1. What is the status of the LED lights on the base station (on/off, color)?

2. How far along in setup are you getting before you encounter an issue?

3. Are you getting any kind of error messages?

Please let us know so we can further assist!

JamesC

Luc50
Aspirant
Aspirant

it won't syncronise

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To help,need more info, read messg above yours.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------