Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The Arlo App no longer fully loads on my iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Tncpellegrini
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been using the Arlo App on my iPhone for years without any issues but now it loads to the blue screen with the house logo and goes no further. The app continues to work fine on my iPad but not my phone. I recently upgraded it to iOS version 16.3 and have uninstalled/reinstalled the Arlo app but it still stops before fully loading.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tncpellegrini,

Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you see? Are there any error messages?

JamesC

Tncpellegrini
Aspirant
Aspirant

No error messages, just the blue screen with the Arlo House. Others in the community have resolved this by changing their two-step verification to use email but that didn’t seem to work for my phone. Apparently SMS verification no longer works.

Safety-Bob
Initiate
Initiate

I have this very same issue!  I’ve rebooted the phone and also deleted and re-installed the Arlo app at least 4 times, to no avail!  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Safety-Bob wrote:

I have this very same issue!  I’ve rebooted the phone and also deleted and re-installed the Arlo app at least 4 times, to no avail!  

One trick that appears to work for others is to restart the phone, and put it into airplane mode.  Then launch the app.  

Then take the phone out of airplane mode.

Safety-Bob
Initiate
Initiate

Finally!!! So after searching many threads here, what finally worked for me was;

1. Close the Arlo Secure app

2. Turn off both cellular and Wi-Fi service

3. Open the Arlo Secure app which will bring you to the log in screen and advise no internet service

4. Turn on both cellular & wi-fi service again

5. Go back to the Arlo Secure app and log in

Hope that this is helpful to others.

Ronbo747
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I tried everything else and the key is turning off both cellular and Wi-Fi. 

Trotts_19
Tutor
Tutor

That’s total BS, fix the friggen app. It also rarely loads the image when clicking the notification. Cellular and WiFi aren’t complex technology.

this shouldn’t be an issue