Thank God, I think it's dead

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Went to check my cameras this morning and got the usual false recording as soon as I opened the app.  Getting used to this as "Arlo is aware of this problem and is working on it" (laughable). Than I went to check some smeared videos from last night "Arlo is aware of this problem and is working on it" (laughable).  Anyway about 5 minuts later I get an alert, I go to view and I get the ever popular " You base is not connected to the internet" message.  Now this is not new neither as it happens all the time and the funny thing is all other internet products in my house are working properly.  So I go to reboot my base station (which I do so many times I have blisters oin my fingers) and low and behold only 2 of the 3 lights on the base station come on.  Now this is new.. I proceed to test all other internet products in my house to find they are working flawleesly (probably because non are made by netgear).  I do a soft reboot of the base station, no luck.. I do a hard restart of the base station, no luck.  So my question is knowing the past reliability and much down time of the arlo servers, "Is anyone else having issues streaming today"?

The next step for this POS is a garbage pail.

Have  anice weekend

Sorry for the rant, 7momths and $1,600.00 invested in this flaw ridden false marketed POS TOY!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry to hear this but a trouble ticket for possible replacement would be useful. Perhaps you've had a faulty base all along.

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Turns out it was a bad base.. I happen to have a spare as I bought two 4piece systems back in March.  I took my spare base out of the closet, hooked it up and all seems good for now.  Looks like tomorrow I will spend some time on a ladder re-syncing cameras.. I guess I will have to deal with netgear on a warrantee replacement of my first base.