Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
FlexJargon
Follower
Follower

Has anyone come up with a way to protect the camera from being stolen off the front of the house? 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your concerned about thief of camera, put it up out of reach and use a threaded mounting system (with allen key locking )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jeff_757
Star
Star

I have setup two camera's with Kensington cable locks. I have posted a few pictures to https://community.netgear.com/t5/Installation/Mounting-securely-outside-so-it-doesn-t-get-stolen/td-...

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Tom is right.. put it up out of reach & mount it or hide it but then you don't want this camera to put it up too high coz

you're gonna' end up just seeing a person's head and not the face and you also going to have a

distance issue which the camera can't reach the perfect clarity..  so you have to be careful ..

There's really nothing you can do if someone wants to steal your camera.. but mounting it will definitely slow it

down.. and being hopeful that your camera will record a good clear view of the Perpetrator but then again

if a person is in a mask then you get nothing.. You just get to see how it was stolen.. 

Arlo999
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there an audible alarm that be set off when someone try to tamper with the camera e.g. grap it or move it from its base location?

That would deter any would be thief.

I currently use a doube sided tape to hold the camera in place on the door sills.