Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Colbar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo system arms itself randomly whilst at home with iPhone running IOS 12.1

it started happening approximately 2 weeks ago

for the last 12 months no issues

any ideas ???

13 REPLIES 13
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Colbar,

You can try going to your iPhone Settings > Arlo > Location. Choose "Allow Location Access" as "Never" and force close the Arlo app. Then give it a minute and try going back to settings and choose "Always" for "Allow Location Access." Then re-open your Arlo app and see if that helps with your geofencing problems.

IanMac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Read previous thread on geofencing. Current version 2.6 2_22800. Device not able to note when I arrive at home, or walk by the unit.  Long term problem.

jcm12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Trying to set up geofencing.  I have set up my wife and my phone's successfully.  However, when one phone leaves it sets the camera armed.  I only want it to arm when both devices are gone from the home.  Please help.

Love the geofencing just want to tweak it.  

brh
Master
Master

@jcm12

Is the other party logging out of the app every time he/she is finishe using the app? If so, only one phone will be recognized as both phones must be logged in to the app for it to work with two phones.

Brian

Dannybear
Master
Master
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
iPhone or android, or a mix?
jcm12
Aspirant
Aspirant
iPhone
jcm12
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. We both have log ins and the app reconginzes. Both phones even says one off local and one on. But it doesn’t make sense why I would want one to arm the alarm while the other is inside the area. I have the main log in and shared access with main other. Person.
Dannybear
Master
Master
The issue I had was that all worked ok with my mobile but when I added and enabled the other half’s mobile it did not behave as expected. The status would indicate correctly for both mobiles but the base would alarm when I left the zone even though the other mobile said it was still in zone.
The fudge fix was to force the base to accepting both mobiles to be enabled at the same time. I had no further issues since to date. Hope this of help.
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
The app ifttt works great for arming and disarming, with geofencing and multiple iPhones. I use the app life 360 as a trigger.
j37634
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have an Arlo setup with 7 cameras and 2 base stations. 

We have it set so that when BOTH my wife and I aren't at home, the cameras turn to armed mode via the Geofencing feature.  It appears it's set up correctly, as I see only my wife and I listed as "enabled devices."  We both use the iPhone X.  Geofencing seemed to work correctly in the past, but hasn't been working for many weeks/months.  I tried to give it another go yesterday.

Once again, I left for work and as soon as I got to the end of my street, I got a notification our system was armed.  Of course my wife was still at home with her iPhone so this was yet another mistake by the software.  I'm at loss at this point.  

I thought it might be worth it to remove both of our phones as enabled devices, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Feuchtinger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there, the geofencing feature does not work - at least not as I would expect it to work. I have configured both the modes when I am at home and when I am away. But when I leave home or when I come back, ARLO does not recognize the change of state unless I click in the ARLO app. This is not What I expect this to do.. I expect the system to autodetect me leaving home / coming home (passing through the geofence) and change the mode automatically. If I need to click the app each time, this is just as good as switching the modes manually. Very frustrated. Anyone any idea? Maybe even someone from this company that does not deem it necessary to offer a plain customer service phone/email... br Stefan

TerryMW
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry, but it is my experience that the Arlo Geofencing has never worked as most users would expect......

Admittedly we are a difficult case with no cellular coverage at home.  I have tried forcing the Arlo app to stay in memory but to no avail.

My solution was to program the functionality to both activate and deactivate my ARLO system based on geographic location into Stringify which works very well.  I have even managed to integrate Stringfy with IFTTT to simultaneously activate a WEMO Insight switch to turn on an inside light if it is night-time - so the flexibility is there.

Stringify does take a little time to understand but I would be happy to send my basic flows if it would help......