Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Syncing problems new install

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Beetle02
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the first camera to sync OK.  When I try to sync the second camera I cannot get the sync light on the base station to start blinking.  I press and hold the sync button on the base station for at least two seconds with no luck.  Any ideas?  I am doing the setup from my computer and not the ap but that should not have anything to do with the syncing.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beetle02
Aspirant
Aspirant

That was it.  The first time I had to hold it for about 2 seconds but for the other cameras just a quick press did it.  On my second base station I had to hold it for one to two seconds for it to work.  Thanks for the quick response.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

You're pressing too long. Press the sync button for half a second max. Just very briefly. Then press the camera's button, just as briefly. Report back.

Beetle02
Aspirant
Aspirant

That was it.  The first time I had to hold it for about 2 seconds but for the other cameras just a quick press did it.  On my second base station I had to hold it for one to two seconds for it to work.  Thanks for the quick response.

jwortham
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had the same issue and tried many times.  After the 1st camera, just a quick touch on the Sync button on the base made the difference.  All synced fine.  Was getting ready to take the camera back to the store as I was not able to get it to sync.  Thanks

Limebird
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've tried this many times, trying to sync my first and only camera. Sync button never lights, no matter now gently, how long I push the led button? What should I do? Perhaps a bad base station? Do t think much of the product design at this point...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Limebird,

The camera sync LED on the base should start blinking after briefly pressing and releasing the sync button. If you're still having trouble, consider rebooting the base station (using the on-off button) and try again.

JamesC

Bonafideplumbin
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I tell if the cameras are syncing correctly
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
They show up on the Devices tab, you can live view and they record according to your modes and rules.