Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
robbie49er
Tutor
Tutor

I just purchased my Arlo base station with 2 cameras on Sept 15, 2016 from Best Buy.  I now see that Arlo Pro is available.  Is there a way to exchange my system and upgrade to Pro? 

10 REPLIES 10
thaweatherman
Star
Star

If you have the Best Buy receipt they might take it back within 30 days. Not sure if they really will do it though. I'd find out soon because your 30 days are almost up!

robbie49er
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks....I did call Best Buy and their return policy is only 15 days.  However, after talking with a couple of managers I got them to give me an in-store credit toward the purchase of the Alro Pro.  Even though Pro won't come out till the end of October, they told me to hold onto my current system and once it shows available on their website I can bring my system in and they will allow me to upgrade.  I asked for something in writing but they said to just tell the desk that I have approval and give them the managers name that I spoke to.  We'll see if this works.  Thanks again.

thaweatherman
Star
Star

That's pretty cool of them. I would still try and get it in writing if you can because people tend to forget things like this. 15 days is a short return window!

Paul101
Tutor
Tutor

As an early adopter of Arlo equipment and now using them at 4 properties I live in hope that Netgear will offer an upgrade option for existing customers to switch to Arlo Pro or the rechargeable Arlo cameras that will inevitably follow. The biggest downfall of the Arlo system is the cost of replacing batteries, and we early adopters will be left with that cost if we don't get an opportunity to upgrade/swap at minimal cost.

GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
I would like the upgrade offer just to replace my front door camera with one that has the battery and sound. I hate to throw 150 dollars in the garbage. Since I don't need an 'extra camera'--let's hope we get an email with a special program for early adopters or recent purchases soon.
robbie49er
Tutor
Tutor
I know that it's inevitable that new advanced products will come out and I wouldn't expect to be upgraded for free but "some" type of loyalty program that offers existing Customers an incentive would be nice....and say a lot about NETGEAR.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While there isn't currently a "buyback" or "trade in" program, the Arlo Pro Cameras are backward compatible. Additionally, your existing Arlo Wire-Free cameras can be synced to an Arlo Pro Base Station to utilize the new base station features. This allows for flexibility when adding to your existing Arlo Wire-Free system.

JamesC

Adewale
Luminary
Luminary
@james, the least netgear can do is push a software update to activate the USB ports on the arlo wire free base station!!! Early adopters are feeling short changed with all the nice new features rolling out to the newer systems that netgear is rolling out. The wire free cameras require expensive batteries virtually every month and they lack audio. Nothing can be done about those because they units probably don't have the hardware required. But the base station had USB ports on it!!!! That feature can be turned on if netgear chooses to. Choosing not to will most probably loose the company it's early supporters
Retired_Member
Not applicable

To NETGEAR Moderator: Is, "there isn't currently a 'buyback' or 'trade in' program", the same as "under consideration", ie never ?

I notice in another post you state that the Arlo Pro base station can be purchased individually. Whilst PRO is not yet available in Australia I note that at arlo.com this buy option is not provided ?

Not happy that spent $1,000 on wireless cameras four months ago and now they are outdated technology, always expected that current cameras/basestation would get updated and shortfalls fixed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Forgediniron,

At this time, there is no buyback or trade in programs. I don't have any information on whether or not there will be one in the future.

The Arlo Pro base station will be available for purchase individually in the future.

JamesC