Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Jacoba
Guide
Guide

Am based in Australia and have an Elite Annual subscription. On account it indicates that this allows 20 cameras to be active. I currently have 15, when I try to activate the 16th I get a message "your account does not support the addition ......" 

any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The limit has apparently been raised from 15 to 20 recently. My subscription renews in a couple of weeks so I'm just waiting to see if the limit changes automatically with the renewal. You could try changing your subscription to Premier or basic and then back to see if you then get the advertised 20.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
brh
Master
Master

@Jacoba

Unless you have a special plan that I don't know about, the Elite plan only allows up to 15 cameras.

https://www.arlo.com/eu/products/subscription-plans.aspx

To get around this limitation, you can set up a second account with another email address and share the cameras with each other and allow Admin rights. You might have to purchase a second base station. That would allow you to have up to 5 cameras free on the basic account for those cameras. You would be able to see all the cameras in one app.

Brian

Jacoba
Guide
Guide

I would of agreed, however  in my account under current subscription and plan it states "support for upto 20 arlo cameras"

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jacoba,

Currently, Australia's Elite Subscription supports up to 15 cameras: Arlo Subscription Plans

Can you provide a screenshot of where you are seeing the limit showing 20? Also, what device are you seeing this on (iOS, Android, Web)?

JamesC

Jacoba
Guide
Guide

Attached pdf has screenshots all taken from online acount taken from Mac, likewise ios app on iphone says exactly the same 20 cameras supported 16 coneected but cannot activate the 16th.

Jacoba
Guide
Guide

ios app screeshot attached

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jacoba,

Thanks for the screenshots. I will escalate this and post again when I have more information.

JamesC

Ribs
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JamesC, and Jacoba 

My apologies for jumping on the same thread, but I have the same issue/error arising when I go and add past the 15 cameras. Although it says, I’m allowed up to 20, I’m unable to get past the 15.

If someone could please advice, as I’ve gone and bought an additional 5 cameras that are currently of no use.

Many thanks in aadvance,

Ribs

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno why this is happening but 15 is the limit. If you really need those cameras to be used, create a new system with a different email address and then use Grant Access to the first account so all can be seen together.

Jacoba
Guide
Guide
Can this be done using one base station or do you need to set up a second base for the second account. Appreciate the work around but account clearly says 20 cameras in different sections.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'll need a second base station for this workaround.  ALso, @JamesC has said that he's checking into why you guys are seeing a 20 camera limit when the real limit is 15. Stay tuned.

Jacoba
Guide
Guide

Has there been any feedback on the escalation yet?

Jacoba
Guide
Guide

Its now over 2 months since this was escalated - is there any response. System still shows 20 but won't allow more than 15 cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The limit has apparently been raised from 15 to 20 recently. My subscription renews in a couple of weeks so I'm just waiting to see if the limit changes automatically with the renewal. You could try changing your subscription to Premier or basic and then back to see if you then get the advertised 20.

Jacoba
Guide
Guide

That appears to have triggered the new limit - many thanks for that.

A pity Netgear couldn't just do it or advise that.