Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Still unable to connect to internet

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jtuckersc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying unsuccessfully or 2 weeks to get my internet to recognize the base station.  I even took the entire package back to Best Buy at the request of Arlo chat help and got a brand new one. Still no luck.  I have done everything asked of me by Arlo, my internet provider, and McAfee (my virus protection).  Internet provider has opened ports 80 & 443.  I don't know where else to turn.  Any other suggestions? 

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you use another access point to plug into and test??  A friends router?

What internet service and router?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jtuckersc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 routers provided and managed by my internet provider - Farmers Telephone Cooperative.  I believe one is a Linksys and one is Cisco

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How are the routers configured - 2 separate networks with the ISP providing 2 IP address for them or in series with one main router and the second acting as a bridge? ave you tried connecting the Ethernet cable to each one to see what happens? What are the base LEDs showing?

jtuckersc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went to a friend's house and tried using her router.  She is with a different provider. It worked like a charm, so it HAS to be something in the router supplied to me by my internet provider.  I have called them and am waiting on a call back to try and finally solve this problem.  I'll post as soon as I know more.

Cshock
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm following because I'm having the same problem and have already returned one.  My router/modem is with Comcast.  My base station goes on and offline consistently throughout the day.  It's probably offine 50% of the time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That would seem to indicate the issue is with the ISP and/or ISP-provided equipment. I prefer to own my network equipment and separate the modem and router so I can change one without issue. I understand that's at a cost to the user but I strongly recommend it.

As noted in a message above yours, moving the system to another location to prove or disprove that it's something in your connection is a viable troubleshooting step.