Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Some cameras not connected to base station, floodlight and video doorbell are.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ph12by
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over the last week my Arlo cameras have all stopped connection to the base station. However my Floodlight and Wireless video doorbell are all connected and working. The H9 cameras are all not connected to the VM4540 smart hub. I have removed and replaced battery to some camera to test however the camera just flashes blue and won't connect/sync.

I have restart the hub, factory reset the hub but nothing changes so cameras don't connect and continue to show as offline. I am running on MacOS. H9 Camera firmware from the dashboard says 1.060.13.0_23_19c4503, Base station

Firmware is 1.24.1.0_1533_3a032bd. Floodlight Firmware is 1.080.29.0_34_12a6df4. Wireless video doorbell is
Firmware 1.8.0.0_4_4a16fed_758744c.

Does anyone have any advice on what to attempt next?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ph12by
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed the problem by removing the battery on every camera, floodlight and doorbell and re-adding to the base station.  When this didn't work i had to try to use the sync button on a camera (floodlight?) Once this was completed i had to reprogram all the modes i had configured. I was also notified I has 3 free months of (i think...) Arlo Security video. I have no idea what changed to reset the base station and devices.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, Arlo's designation of cameras in their settings as "H9" or whatever don't tell us anything - it's just a hardware revision that could apply to any camera. We need to know exactly what cameras they are by either looking inside the battery compartment (if it has one) looking for VMCxxxx or using the app to go to Settings, Support and selecting your camera which will show the actual model number at the bottom under Product.

You say you reset the hub but doing so properly (holding the button until the LED flashes amber, ~15 seconds) also removes the cameras from your account - I suspect you didn't actually reset.

Do you get notifications and recordings?

Ph12by
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

The cameras are model Arlo Pro 3 VMC4040P.

I was getting notifications only form the two working devices. I managed to get the camera with the recharged batter yo reconnect after the reset, but not the others. I am now working my way through removing the batteries and reconnecting them. As i couldn't tell from the app the state of charge on the camera batteries, I attempt to remove the battery and reconnect before I recharge them.

If they reconnect good, if not i will recharge them and then try to reconnect.

JJB23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue. Other cameras reconnected, but not the two I have that are this model. So frustrating. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing.

Ph12by
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed the problem by removing the battery on every camera, floodlight and doorbell and re-adding to the base station.  When this didn't work i had to try to use the sync button on a camera (floodlight?) Once this was completed i had to reprogram all the modes i had configured. I was also notified I has 3 free months of (i think...) Arlo Security video. I have no idea what changed to reset the base station and devices.