Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Software feature suggestion

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DatCouyon
Aspirant
Aspirant
To keep this short... I run 5ultra 2s indoor and outdoor + a doorbell. Indoor cameras notifications' are always turned off, outdoor are always turned on. It'd be great if we could get geofencing implemented for the smart notifications. I love the smart notifications and they really cut down on the spam but ideally, I could have those all silenced when I come home AND the system is still 'armed'. I don't like the current geofencing option to totally disarm the system because you miss out on everything while you're home or sleeping. I still want the system 'armed' so the cameras trigger and record when I'm home, I'd just rather not be notified every time I let the dog outside or walk into the garage and as of now, there's no way to do that without disarming them completely.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DatCouyon
Aspirant
Aspirant
oOooOh
I might be a little slow but now I see it. You can also use geofencing mode with the new rules you made. That pretty much gets me there... That was probably frustrating to watch...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It would be good to schedule and geofence smart notifications.

However, it sounds like you want to supress all notifications when you are home.  Is that correct?

If it is, you can do that.  Just create a new mode that saves motion recordings (same as ARMED in that regard), but doesn't include the notification part.  Then use that instead of ARMED when you don't want notifications.

DatCouyon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah, I didn't even think about applying the schedule to Smart notifications too. I've played with custom modes some, I'm actually playing with two new rules right now. One silences the front yard+garage for washing cars or whatever and one silences the back yard for playing with the dog.
I just don't want to switch back and forth manually or forget them on silent. I -do- like the extra features in that mode creator though.
DatCouyon
Aspirant
Aspirant
The more I think about it, the more I realize how niche this problem is. I work alone and inconsistent times so even applying rules to the schedule
(which I just realized you can do, thx, that adds a lot of functionality)
doesn't work great for me since I don't have a normal schedule for getting home and playing with the dog
DatCouyon
Aspirant
Aspirant
oOooOh
I might be a little slow but now I see it. You can also use geofencing mode with the new rules you made. That pretty much gets me there... That was probably frustrating to watch...