Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Blanco21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible to activate the arlo pro siren (in the hub) using ARLO standard (not Pro) Cameras?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes...Arlo cams will operate the siren in the Pro Base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Blanco21
Aspirant
Aspirant

The hub is PRO but cameras are standard

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes...Arlo cams will operate the siren in the Pro Base

Morse is faster than texting!
Charlie63
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve got just the regular Arlo base and cameras. I bought an Arlo Pro camera and a siren, will it work ??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's not a Pro base with siren, it won't work without something like IFTTT, Stringify, etc. It's the Pro base that has the siren.

AlanC76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me asking my question here but it seems like an apt thread 😉 

I ordered my Arlo, the basic version with one camera, yesterday and will be getting it this week. Since ordering, I've been reading that the simple version can use the Pro cameras. If I connect a Pro camera later on, will the audio option work and does the camera have a built in siren too ? 

Sorry for the dummy questions but I can't find a clear reply to these points.

Many thanks !

brh
Master
Master

Firstly, all the original Wire Free, Pro and Pro2 can work with any base.The Q and Q Plus and the Baby don't require a base. The original Wire Free cameras do not have speakers so the 2-way audio will not work with them. But, later if you purchase some Pro cameras you will have 2-way audio with the Pro cameras. Lastly, the siren is built into the Pro base station, not the cameras. Any camera can activate the siren.

Brian

AlanC76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your reply !

exactly what I needed to know 🙂