Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Siren offline VMB4500

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
do2things
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo VMB4500r2
firmware 1.20.4.1_4079_d606780

Under "devices" I show "base hub" with a siren icon.  It is offline and grayed out so not clickable.  I have rebooted the base unit several times, both with the web portal and by powering it off, removing the ethernet cable, and powering it back up.  I can adjust siren volume and length of time, but cannot bring it online.

I am using the web portal only (no IFTTT, alexa, or homekit interfaces).  Cannot find anything in the documentation or forum on why this would be an issue or how to correct it.

Any ideas appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Does the siren activate when you use the manual operation?

The siren should be available when adding a device from the camera rules.

do2things
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate the response & your willingness to help.

Perhaps I have not stated the problem correctly.  The web based menu for the base unit shows an image of the base unit with a siren icon as a  paired device, but that image is not selectable, so I cannot activate from the menu.

Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean by "manual operation"   - there is no button on the base unit itself to activate the siren. 

I can't find anything in the camera settings that would activate the siren on the base unit.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

When looking at the my devices list the siren is just a sub device of the base station, not all base stations have the inbuilt siren hardware, only the 4000 and 4500. Access to active the siren manually is by using the red shield icon on the dashboard page using the mobile app.

To integrate a siren trigger which is done via the camera rules to be added as another device.

do2things
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - I have been using the my.arlo.com web app.  I have looked for but cannot find a red siren icon on this app.  I will get the mobile app and see if it shows up there

do2things
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update:

On the mobile app I can manually activate the siren (it works!).

On the mobile app the siren does not show as a paired device.

On the web I cannot activate the siren.

On the web the siren shows as a paired device (offline) with no opportunity to put it online.

I do have a big dog - I guess she will continue to be my alarm system

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Keep feeding the dog, more reliable.

The siren manual activation using the arlo web portal is by selecting the blue / white bell icon, right side, next to the logout text.

Again automatic triggering is set in the camera rules for the operational mode selected.

To add the siren to the rule you need to select add device option within the rule to add the siren.

do2things
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for hanging in there with me.  I got into the routines and found where to add the siren trigger.  All is well and the dog is asleep. 

Much appreciated!