Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rj001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

Majority of the issue with Arlo is because of the poor internet connectivity. Either the signal strength is weak, or the Wi-Fi speed is low to transmit the video. This leads to delayed streaming, low video quality, distorted images etc. But we are not sure if this issue is because of the bad internet or the Arlo product itself. So if the Arlo app shows user the Wi-Fi strength and at this upload download rate how the video quality, streaming etc. will be affected it will be easy to solve the problem. Orelse those who buy Arlo products with high expectations (with a bad internet) end up in disappointment because of the bad quality rendered.

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Rj001,

You can see the WiFi strength from the Arlo app. You can read more about the icons here: What do the icons in the Arlo app mean?

Rj001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didnot mean this, this shows signal strength between you camera and base station or wifi. If you walk away it reduces if you are closer it is high. What I meant is if I have a connection with 100 Mbps download rate I will obviously have delayed response or atleast that is my assumption. So if we can get a summary like this,

Your wifi strength:

Download rate: 300 Mbps

Upload rate: 200 Mbps

At this rate the video streaming will be delayed so reduce resolution to increase speed. 

* This is an example.