Shared cameras not appearing

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
operty
Follower
Follower

I set up a video doorbell at my parents’ house, and signed up for the annual subscription using my phone/app/account. I shared the info with my parents with no issues. A few months later, my parents purchased a few outdoor cameras and set them up with a subscription using one of their phones/accounts. After doing so, they no longer can see the video doorbell feed, though they do get notifications. And I cannot see the outdoor camera feeds, though I do get notifications for those cameras. Any easy way to merge the accounts so all camera feeds can be seen?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@operty wrote:

I set up a video doorbell at my parents’ house, and signed up for the annual subscription using my phone/app/account. I shared the info with my parents with no issues. A few months later, my parents purchased a few outdoor cameras and set them up with a subscription using one of their phones/accounts. After doing so, they no longer can see the video doorbell feed, though they do get notifications. 

If they have a multi-camera subscription, then it would make more sense to move the video doorbell to their account, as it would be included in their subscription.

The problem here is that your account is set up to use the old user interface (showing "Library" in the app menu), but your parent's account is set up to show "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.

You can migrate your account to "Feed" by going into "add device" and adding a Pro 5s camera.  That process will fail (since you don't have the camera), but the workflow will migrate you to the new user interface before you get stuck.  After that, the "friend" account feature should work normally again.