Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Settings lost after power interupt

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Avnav
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have set my own rules and modes in settings, and I have the base station set to Eastern time zone. After losing power a few times, or  just turning the base station off, then on, I lose all the rules and modes that I set up, and the base station defaults to Pacific time zone. Is there any way to keep my settings intact after a power interupt?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned, I'd put in a trouble ticket to Netgear first, just in case it's a hardware issue...

As to a factory reset, some have problems re-setting up, many don't. The cameras will also have to be re-synced

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Something is not right... normal power down or outages should not effect you saved rules/mode/time.

Check with netgear, but is may sound like a factory reset is in order and then you have to restart the system and resync the cameras.

Avnav
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I am new to security cameras, and have been reading posts about having problems with factory resets, so am a little reluctant to do that. Right now, it's an annoyance to redo my rules and modes, but the default to a different time zone fouls up my scheduled modes. I just thought It was something I missed in settings. If I do a factory reset, is that just selecting the reset button in settings, under base station? Are the posts of problems with factory resets in the minority?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned, I'd put in a trouble ticket to Netgear first, just in case it's a hardware issue...

As to a factory reset, some have problems re-setting up, many don't. The cameras will also have to be re-synced