Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up with separate internet connections

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sb2012
Follower
Follower

I have a base station connected to a fixed location LAN port. I have the Arlo app on a phone, connected to a separate Wifi connection. What are my options for setting up and communicating with the base station + cameras in this situation? In particular, I was hoping to be able to access the camera images remotely from any location, once set up, not only at home - is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello sb2012

Yes this is absolutely possible. Once your Arlo system is setup you can use the Arlo App. on your mobile device to log in and check on the location you have your cameras set to monitor. You can also use any laptop or computer to access your Arlo cameras as well. No matter where you are located you should be able to access your Arlo account as long as you have an internet connection.

Also you can setup your Arlo Smart Home System via mobile device or using a computer. Either one will work.

The Arlo Team

David 

Kenbyrd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not have a smartphone and do not plan on getting one, so my question is can the arlo and arlo q work directly with a toshiba laptop running windows 10 and microsoft edge?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You should be fine.  Edge is not one of the officially supported browsers but it's worked for me.  If you run into trouble, try Chrome for troubleshooting.