Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting the base timezone in UK on BST (GMT+1)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cotswold
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in the UK and currently we are on British Summer Time which is GMT+1

I've set the Arlo base to UTC+1 (Belgradew, Bratislava etc) which several web sites tell me is the correct UTC time for BST.

However the time on all recordings is out by 1hr, so a recording made at 1700hrs (5:00PM) is logged as 1800hrs (6:00PM).

I've not had my Arlo system for long but is seems a bit frustrating that something as simple as getting the time right is proving so difficult.

What is the correct setting please for BST on the UTC list that comes with Arlo?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try just using UTC?  I'm in the US Eastern Time Zone myself, and Arlo handles the summer time adjustment automatically.

Cotswold
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB

The reason I checked what the setting shoudl be is that I have a schedule that should have started at 0900hrs and didn't start until 1000hrs. I thought that this might be because the clock was wrong which is why I checked that the 'correct' UTC setting should be for British Summer Time.

I'll go back to UTC, re-boot the base and see what happens tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Cotswold
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

So I've reset the base to UTC, re-booted and this morning events that are happening at 1030AM (local time i.e. BST) are being time-stamped with 09:30AM. So by setting the timezone to UTC the clock is in fact an hour out on BST.

This also means, no doubt, that the schedule it firing at the wrong time, so what I have set to happen at 0900AM (local time i.e. BST) is actually happening at ....10:00AM BST.

I cannot be the only person in the UK to have this problem so there must be a simple fix???

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You should not need to do anything to mess around with time zones in the UK.

UTC GMT works fine here.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Cotswold
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, well I have reset the timezone to UTC GMT (I did have it on just UTC), rebooted and the time on recordings is correct i.e. showing the correct BST time.

I'll wait to see if the schedule triggers correctly this evening. 

I wonder if, when I set th etime zone originally and then made changes I should have re-booted the Arlo Base each time - I only read about doing that when investigating this issue a day or so ago.

Thanks to everyone for their help.