Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Service tech for gas furnace repair froze camers positioned over front door, VMS3230C

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CharlesAU
Follower
Follower

I have a Netgear, Arlo VMS3230  wire free camera. 

My gas furnace has been a little cold in my house located in the DC area.  I called an HVAC service,  to repair the problem.  I sat in my house waiting with my arlo camera of the front door up on my computer,  just to see him arrive cause I was in he basement working, which is where the gas furnace is located.  I saw his truck drive up and park beside my car. There were no other cars in the twenty or so parking spaces reserved for the townhouses,  so although I am assigned parking spaces there was no one around to bother him from parking in any parking space.  I noticed he sat in his truck for a while. 

His office called me on my phone, my phone record shows it was 2:41PM.  They asked me where he could park.  I could see on the camera that he was parked in one of my assigned spaces.  I told his office to tell him he was OK.  Then a minute later I got another call from his office with the same question, same thing, I repeated he is OK.  I watched his parked truck and the driver was not eager to get out, figured he was completing paper work from his last stop.  It darned on me, could it be that he is affraid of the camera may record his face entering my house?  Finally he gets out of the truck about 2:44.  I checked after he left and there is no record of his approaching and entering my house.   Whenever I approach or enter my house the camera in the front record. The arlo camera recorded him leaving at 3:00 PM.  The ibrary record of him entering was completely erased.   Is it possible to access Arlo and erase the recording?    How do I prevent this?  He had something to hide.  I just want my system to be reliable against those who don't want to be recorded.  What should I do to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you were live viewing, recordings are overriden. You can always manually record while live viewing but motion recordings won't happen.