Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Bullrog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello:

I have reviewed similar questions on this forum but am still confused.  I would like to have the capacity to arm only 3 of my 5 cameras to be labeled as "At Home" (these are the outdoor cameras).  I do NOT want a schedule created because my "At Home" schedule varies varies widely day to day and sometimes hour to hour.  Would someone help me please to accomplish this goal, if it is possible?  I'd be most appreciative.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First,  homework, read this ;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-mode-for-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-ca...

Second Tips;

Any camera NOT in the active Mode is OFF

Only ONE Mode can run at a time

So you must create a new MODE...call it OUTSIDE

Go to MODE page, at bottom is ADD a new mode , click

follow the directions and PUT in the first of your 3 outside cameras, pick what you want it to do and then SAVE

Now you should have a nes Mode called OUTSIDE with the first of 3 cams included.

Now go back and EDIT that mode ... add the next camera, repeat with the last camera

Now you have default ARMED (all on), DISARMED ( all off ) and OUTSIDE ( 3 outside cams )

When you want only them armed , just pick the mode OUTSIDE

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First,  homework, read this ;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-mode-for-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-ca...

Second Tips;

Any camera NOT in the active Mode is OFF

Only ONE Mode can run at a time

So you must create a new MODE...call it OUTSIDE

Go to MODE page, at bottom is ADD a new mode , click

follow the directions and PUT in the first of your 3 outside cameras, pick what you want it to do and then SAVE

Now you should have a nes Mode called OUTSIDE with the first of 3 cams included.

Now go back and EDIT that mode ... add the next camera, repeat with the last camera

Now you have default ARMED (all on), DISARMED ( all off ) and OUTSIDE ( 3 outside cams )

When you want only them armed , just pick the mode OUTSIDE

Morse is faster than texting!
Bullrog
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you very much for the very clear instructions! Following your guidance made it very easy.