Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
gmr7494
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was wondering if there was a way to bypass the magnetic mounts and screw the camera into the wall. My fear is that someone can just walk up and pull the unit out. Any advice would help.

9 REPLIES 9
JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi gmr7494, 

We have theft-resistant Arlo camera mounts that you can use on your system, these are also water-proof so it can be used outdoors. Please check this article below and click the link for more details:

Where can I buy theft-resistant Arlo camera mounts?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/Where-can-I-buy-theft-resistant-Arlo-camera-mou...

You may also want to check this thread regarding the camera mounts. 

Hope that helps, otherwise feel free to ask if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team 

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
gmr7494
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello! Thanks for the links. Very helpful. Question: Does the camera just screw into the mount? Can someone technically just unscrew it?

JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mgr7494, 

Yes, the camera(s) screw to the mount and it can be unscrewed. You'll have to place it in a location where it can't easily be seen or reached. Once you have screwed the camera to the mount, make sure that you also you tighten the cog so that it will be secured. Please also check this thread that talks about mounting tips and other brands that users have tested. 

Should you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,

JohnR

Arlo Team 

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I purchased this mount from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IDCDZY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

no problems so far...... 

DaneA
Master
Master

Hi gmr7494,

I just want to share another forum thread below that is similar to your concern.  You might possibly get ideas posted by other contributors.  Observe the images uploaded on how secure the Arlo cameras are mounted :

Mounting securely outside so it doesn't get stolen

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team

gmr7494
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the responses. I'll definitely take a look at those mounting options. Question on those: does the camera have to be in one type of position to record properly? In other words, does it matter if the mounting bracket is suspended from a ceiling or screwed on a wall, etc.?

DaneA
Master
Master

Hi gmr7494,

Thank you for your response.

The Arlo camera(s) does not have to be on one type of position to record properly.  There will be no issues as well as it will not affect the performance of the Arlo cameras on how you would like to mount it.  For example, if its mounted upside down that would just be alright but make sure that the battery lid is tightly close so that the water won't go inside it if you will deploy it outdoors and you may want to enable the "Invert Image" under the camera settings for that certain camera that is mounted upside down.

Feel free to respond if you need further help.

Regards,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team

OMGYoga
Aspirant
Aspirant

If someone wants to steal the camera they will but, as a deterent, used the standard magnetic mount that came with the starter set and  installed an extra large clear locking thermostat guard, surrounding my Arlo.  Knock on wood, it's still there.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

if someone wants to steal or damage/destroy your cam you can't really stop them.   but with the cloud storage (unlike storage on sd card in cam), there's a good chance you'll have a record of them, maybe even the face.

plus, unless i'm wrong, as long as its registered to your base station, it can't be registered by someone else, severely limiting its resale value