Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Schedule two different modes without overriding

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Narlo
Tutor
Tutor

I see this has been asked many times before but I can't seem to get my head around this. 

Followed the fourth post (sorry can't seem to link the post) from here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Changing-record-times-in-a-schedule-mode/td-p/1043215

I had two cameras for which I had a mode to schedule recording when detecting motion And had a schedule which would set this mode into action from 2200 to 0600. Now I have a third cam, say main door cam, which I want to record video on motion 24 hours. So create a new mode for the same. Added it to schedule to the existing 'Night mode'. Looks like the night mode overrides the schedule for the 'main door cam mode'. 

How do I get two cameras to be scheduled to be active from 2200 to 0600 and one camera from 0000 thru 2359 ? 

This image is what my current schedule looks like : (Night mode is obviously overrirding the main door Mode ) http://imgur.com/a/cMHVk

To get around this, for now, I have added my main door cam to the night schedule mode - but I don't understand why I cannot use two different modes in a schedule even if they are overriding. 

Two other questions

1) If I have cam 1 detect motion, how do I make cam2 start recording as well ? 

2) Is there some sort of locking available on cameras ? Can I lock a camera to a base station ? So in case it is stolen, the thief can never use it. Also say if a camera I owned is stolen, can I ever track if the same camera comes online again ? 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Narlo wrote:

How do I get two cameras to be scheduled to be active from 2200 to 0600 and one camera from 0000 thru 2359 ?  

You will need two modes - Mode 1 with all three cameras and Mode 2 with one.  Then schedule Mode 1 from 12:00AM to 6:00AM and again from 10:00PM to 11:59PM.  Then schedule Mode 2 from 6:01AM to 9:59PM.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

How do I get two cameras to be scheduled to be active from 2200 to 0600 (call A-B ) and one camera (call C) from 0000 thru 2359 ? 

It's ALL in the modes...

You have cameras A,B,C.... what you have to do is split them up for best control

You could make the modes for A -B- C-AB-AC-BC for all the possiblities, defealt armed is ALL ON

create indiviual custom modes ( add a mode ) for cams , esp for C ( follow method found in the FAQs )

For the time 2200-0600 just use the default mode ARMED ( all three will be armed )

(BTW** schedule does not go thru midnight so go 2200-2359 and nexr day use midnight to 0600 on next day )

For the remaining time 0601 to 2159 use the mode just for camera C ( this way it is on 24 hrs per day aremed )

Two other questions

1) If I have cam 1 detect motion, how do I make cam2 start recording as well ? 

2) Is there some sort of locking available on cameras ? Can I lock a camera to a base station ? So in case it is stolen, the thief can never use it. Also say if a camera I owned is stolen, can I ever track if the same camera comes online again ? 

1) yes ... make a mode with rules where A senses A records AND A senses, B records  ( both will be activated )

2) No and No and No... just place it out of reach and or use a teather to the screw hole on the cameras to help prevent someone knocking down and taking

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Oops - I did forget to answer the second part...  Thanks, Tom.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No problem... I'm here to help  🙂

this may also help;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-mode-with-different-rules-for...

Morse is faster than texting!