Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Schedule for Arlos with base station?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tambreet
Follower
Follower

We have an Arlo outside and we often turn it off when we bring our dog out to play and then forget to turn it back on. Is there any way to use the scheduling functionality to have it automatically turn on at a certain time or times each day if it's off? 

The schedule function in the iOS app is a bit confusing to me. We pretty much want it always to be on except when we're outside (and if we forget to turn it back on after that, we'd like it to automatically turn on at X time).

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @tambreet

The cameras can be used with the Geofencing mode. This will allow the cameras to Arm/Disarm when you are in and out of the desired zone. There is a limitation on the minimum distance before the cameras are disarmed/rearmed. I have attached that article here - How does Arlo Geofencing work and how do I set it up?

I have provided an article that will guide you on creating a schedule. You can use this feature to set the times you would like the cameras to record. - How can I set a schedule for my camera in my Arlo account?

If you have any questions or concerns you can also contact Arlo Tech Support anytime.