Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Same wifi, 2 based stations, 2 different users? Is that possible?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dmarengopeusso
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Community!

I have this product for a long time. IS GREAT! I'm asking the community because I couldn't find an answer for my problem. I have internet that I shared with a neigbhor, over wifi. I'm using this internet conection to conect my ARLO system with my 5 cameras. Now, my neigbhor wants to do the same, he wants to buy a new complete system of ARLO Pro, with a based station and 2 cameras, and wants to use the same internet connection that I'm using it, but of course with a different user. Is that an issue? Could be performed? I don't want to loose my service, or I don't want him to buy the cameras, and not being able to use it. THANKS!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your sharing internet over wifi,...so I would think your using an extender with an ethernet port for your base??

There is no problem using 2 bases on the same internet access AS LONG AS YOUR DATA SPEED IS ENOUGH..

It would be no different than you using two bases for your home ( have done it many times) ... Min is spec'ed at 1Mbs upload, so if you have 2 or better , I can't see an issue for either of you.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your sharing internet over wifi,...so I would think your using an extender with an ethernet port for your base??

There is no problem using 2 bases on the same internet access AS LONG AS YOUR DATA SPEED IS ENOUGH..

It would be no different than you using two bases for your home ( have done it many times) ... Min is spec'ed at 1Mbs upload, so if you have 2 or better , I can't see an issue for either of you.

Morse is faster than texting!
dmarengopeusso
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank TomMac, I will be using 2 based stations, but with different login, with same internet connection. I'm using an ethernet cable to share internet with him. So is not the case that I've been reading everywhere, that users, add an additional based station to their system. This is a new based station, with a differen user, but using the same internet connection. I thought that the ARLO system in any way prevent to connect two users to the same network... just validating in the community...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, it would be similar to having a sec base station in your account. As long as the upload speed to the Internet is adequate you will be fine. I'd think anything over 2Mb/s upload would be fine as long as you're not taking or streaming.